Wednesday, March 4, 2009

~ Potato Salad

Image030

Taken from:
-

Description:
Shephard's pie filling without the chicken

Ingredients:
1/2 stick celery, diced
1 tbsp pickled cucumber, diced
1/2 C frozen mixed beans, thawed
2 medium potatoes, boiled and diced
1 hardboiled egg, mashed
2 tbsp milk
1 tsp mixed herbs
1 tsp chilli flakes
1 tsp butter
Pepper & salt to taste

Directions:
1. Toss all ingredients together. Serve warm or cold.

Remarks:
There was no chicken lying around so this became an improvised meatless dish (what was I thinking about when I wrote this?) Anyway, it tasted ok to me but my family didn't appreciate it and no one wanted to finish the half I left for them.

Enough said of the failed recipe, I got other things to rant about. When I feel upset, emo-eating kicks in and I totally hate it! Having 1/2 bowl of red ruby coconut ice dessert and 8 or 9 slices of Marie biscuits slathered with one tbsp of peanut butter each in addition to my potato salad and milk and lunch cheese sandwich and starfruits and dragonfruits (est. 2.6k calories), was such a big booboo! Not only will the empty calories increase my susceptability to ailments (induce heart disease, clog arteries, encourage diabetes development, add on hideous adipose tissues, desensitise tastebuds, promote tooth decay and infection and so on), they made me feel worse now! Furthermore, being constipated for 2-3 days certainly did not alleviate my blues! Can a vehicle just knock me down now?

I need to promise myself to not "indulge" in such an eating frenzy (I don't even enjoy the taste of the additional calories I've put into my mouth), for the sake of my physical and mental health

No comments:

<bgsound src='NAME OF FILE'></bgsound>