Monday, June 29, 2009

~ B'day Rant

Gosh, this blog dedicated to experiments in the kitchen is really (unintentionally) turning into an avenue for me to vent my frustrations out=x Here's a sms conversation I had with my Dad over my b'day celebration (they asked me to make reservations for Swissotel buffet dinner previously):

T: swisshotel havin crab buffet dinner (along with int'l buffet) going for $46/pax. If got HSBC card 1 pax free for 3 pax dining. May need to book 2 weeks in advance. But I haven called. how?

D: I am ok

T: Ok u make reservations den. I dun like to pay more than wat other people pay for. Rather eat sth else

D: ok... lets eat at sakura after fun in down town east escape- good idea?

T: Nope.

D: wats good then

T: Slack at home, eat homecooked food, sleep and live normal

D: Good lah.....

Not funny at all, but I just want to emphasize my lack of interest in celebrating my 21st b'day. Why celebrate for being older? I don't give a hoot for any of my previous b'days, what makes 21st so special that I have to celebrate it? Simply because others did? Simply because others want me to? I'm still myself anyway, before or after my 21st. So no point wasting the $ for some insignificant issue (Mum said I'm just being stingy). Family aside, there are still external factors. I try to tell my friends not to get me any presents in the nicest way possible, and at the most a simple cheap meal treat will do, that's it. And then they start questioning me and shooting me with sarcastic remarks. Eventually they may get something which I do not need nor want (happened countless times before). Why can't anyone understand?

Leave me alone, and just let me be. Please.
<bgsound src='NAME OF FILE'></bgsound>