Wednesday, April 7, 2010

~ Banana Nutella Swirl Cake

P0373_070410

Taken from:
Bestrecipes.com

Description:
Fragrant banana cake swirled with divine nutella~

Ingredients:
3/4 c self-raising flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 c sugar
1 1/2 banana, mashed (I used 1 med and 2 small)
1/4 c oil
1 egg
50 g nutella, warmed

Directions
1) Whisk egg and sugar together till fluffy.
2) Sift flour and soda into a bowl.
3) Make a well in the centre and add in the egg sugar mixture and bananas. Slowly fold in the flour and incorporate till no lumps are found.
4) Stir in oil gently, and pour into a 6" round tin lined with non-stick paper.
5) Swirl nutella into the batter with a knife.
6) Bake in preheated oven at 180 deg for 15 min and followed by 150 deg for another 30 min. Cool before slicing.

Remarks:
The last time which I have baked something was about 2 months ago! What preposterous move by a self-confessed fan of baking! Fortunately I didn't lose my professional touch in messing around with recipes and coming up with something new! This time, it was yummy banana cake swirled with thick gooey nutella!

From the looks of my mediocre photos, the chocolatey spread was nowhere swirled into the cake but on top, which turned out to be not bad afterall since that created a crispy crust. Of course, this is no valid excuse for neglecting my swirling technique! A good marbled cake deserves to be marbled well! I'll have to work harder for that!

For a cake that utilises oil instead of butter, this one proved to be outstanding in terms of fluffiness and moisture! Be sure to use over-riped plantian bananas and this cake's a definite keeper!

In view of the fact that my exams are just around the corner which translates to lesser time for my self-development, I have decided to have a mini commitment plan for my favourite hobby: For every half a module covered, I shall make time for baking an item, and this is on top of any other casual baking attempts! Now, back to my study plan, I can't wait to complete studying for all my modules!


A flurry of fun and taste:

P0367_070410

No comments:

<bgsound src='NAME OF FILE'></bgsound>