Monday, February 23, 2009

~ Watermelon Milkshake

Image037

Taken from:
Tiff's

Description:
Luscious milk swirled with watermelony goodness~

Ingredients:
1/2 C milk
1/2 C watermelon cubes

Directions:
1. Freeze watermelon cubes till semi-frozen, around 1 h.
2. Blend the watermelon into puree and stir in the milk carefully, using a teaspoon as guide, to create beautiful swirls.

Remarks:
It tasted normal to me, and yes I know that I didn't do the swirling part nicely as I was short of time. The milk brings down the sweetness of the watermelon puree, so feel free to decrease the volume of milk to ensure a sweet affair suited for your taste. Or simply stir in a teaspoon or two of sugar/honey.

In addition to the milkshake, the mad rush for time had led me to make a very sloppy peanut butter, jam and cheese sandwich which any kid can assemble quickly:

Image040

Seriously, I still like my healthy sandwiches best.

No comments:

<bgsound src='NAME OF FILE'></bgsound>