Thursday, April 16, 2009

~ Egg Custard Pudding

Image113

Modified from:
Suite101

Description:
Smooth, creamy custard~

Ingredients:
1 egg
1 C milk
1 tbsp tapioca flour
1/2 tbsp sugar

Directions:
1. Scald 3/4 C milk in a heavy bottom pan.
2. Beat egg and sugar. Dissolve tapioca flour in milk and stir into the egg mixture.
3. Pour the scalded milk into (2) and whisk for even heat distribution to avoid egg coagulation/clumping.
4. Once smooth, bring the mixture back to the stove, stirring till desired consistency.
5. Serve warm or cold.

Remarks:
To me, it's a protein meal! I had this for my breakfast and gosh I was so full after which! I added 1/2 tbsp of sugar (original was 1 tbsp) after being in a dilemma for quite some time over whether or not to omit the sugar. The custard may seem runny when its hot, but it will get thicker once cooled. Don't let the innocent-looking picture fool you with its smooth runny-like surface! The custard turned out really thick (depending on how much time you want to cook it), and egg-licious~ Some other spices/condiments such as cinnamon or nutmeg could be added, but it was so good warm that I just licked it clean before I can do anything else to it! Never knew egg custard can be this easy to make! Next time I shall try the caramel egg bread pudding!

The pudding firmed up slightly after refrigerator. But the sweetness and eggy taste seemed to be milder. I still prefer the warm version :)

Image117

No comments:

<bgsound src='NAME OF FILE'></bgsound>