Friday, February 19, 2010

~ Oregano Tomato Pasta

Image2702

Taken from:
-

Description:
Fast and quick dinner fix~

Ingredients:
2 tsp oil
1 medium onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic
3 small tomatoes, chopped
170 g tomato paste 
150 g golden mushroom
200 ml chicken broth (1/4 11 g cube in 200 ml water)
1 tbsp dried oregano
Pepper and salt
200 g wholewheat pasta, cooked till al dente

Directions
1) Heat up oil in a saucepan and sauteed onion and garlic till slightly browned. Add in oregano flakes.
2) Stir in tomatoes, paste and mushroom. Heat till bubbly.
3) Stir in chicken broth, bring to boil and simmer for 5 min. Season with pepper and salt.
4) Serve over pasta.

Remarks:
As stated, fast and quick! I found the sauce really sweet, but I'm not very sure if the can of tomato paste was the reason for it. Usually I see recipes putting just one or two tbsp of tomato paste, but I added the whole can so that I didn't have to keep any of the extra. Because of this, the sauce was really really thick, do thin down with some water if you like.

I garnished my pasta with some sliced olives, and paired it with spicy baked breaded chicken:

Image2713

I would recommend cutting up the chicken fillet for easy and refined dining, unless you have a knife on hand or that you do not mind eating as boorishly as I do. =p

No comments:

<bgsound src='NAME OF FILE'></bgsound>