Friday, February 4, 2011

~ Microwave Chocolate Cake

Photo2701


An interesting idea came across my mind while I was brainstorming for an easy recipe to make (ops, I conveniently chucked out the mung bean cake idea that day). Why not make something using one of the fastest way of cooking - the microwave! I remembered seeing some recipes on that, so I googled and lo and behold, countless recipes of microwave cakes popped up on my web browser. Most of what I had seen contained eggs, which I did not desire on that day, so I continued my search for eggless types but to no avail. Not wanting to give up on the idea despite not having any results, I just dug up a previously-tested eggless recipe originating from allrecipes.com, and tried it with some modifications (to increase taste and moisture content) in the microwave!

Ingredients: 
3 tbsp flour
2 tbsp white sugar
1 tbsp cocoa powder
2 tsp oil
3 tbsp milk
1/8 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp vinegar


Just mix everything up in a mug and nuke it. I thought it would take 5 min at hi, but it was already overdone 4.5min and it was slightly charred.. and hard as rock. There was considerable contraction as shown:

Photo2699


Every cloud has a silver lining, so same for this cake too! There was a small little area just above the cake that was soft and fluffy as cake. The rest was really caked, like biscuits in fact.

Photo2703

If the correct timings are established, this would be really a fast way to satisfy one's chocolate cake cravings, though it would be more of a steamed cake rather than baked cake. I would cover the mug with a plastic wrap too, to contain the moisture for a soft cake. Shall give it a try again next time!

No comments:

<bgsound src='NAME OF FILE'></bgsound>