Tuesday, December 15, 2009

~ Sugar-free and Oil-free Baked Oatmeal

Image1904

Modified from:
Allrecipes

Description:
Oatmeal squares in a bowl for an easy and healthy breakfast~

Ingredients:
1 egg
2 tbsp milk
Pinch of salt
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 C + 2 tbsp rolled oats
1 tbsp raisins
1/8 tsp cinnamon powder

Directions:
1) Mix egg and milk together.
2) In a separate bowl, combine rolled oats, baking powder, raisins and cinnamon powder together.
3) Stir in (1) into (2), and leave covered in the fridge overnight.
4) Bake at 175 deg for 30 min, or till slightly browned. Serve with milk or yoghurt.

Remarks:
I did it again! I semi-burnt my efforts =( There is really a need for me to get used to the new oven.

Image1907

Anyway, the baked oatmeal was surprisingly cake-like with a nice crunchy crust, but ops, there is definitely a need to add in a tbsp or two of sweetener like brown sugar or honey or more raisins as the "cake" lacked the saccharine factor to make it really appealing.

Image1917

And since I'd overbaked it, the cake was slightly on the dry side and the addition of milk was a must! So I flooded my square dish with milk and hmm, not bad.

Image1914


<bgsound src='NAME OF FILE'></bgsound>