Wednesday, May 6, 2009

~ Corn, Peas and Fish Paste Porridge

Image002

Taken from:

Tiff's

Description:
Sweet steamy porridge with chunky fish bites~

Ingredients:
1/4 C rice
800 ml water
1/4 C corn kernels
1/4 C sweet peas
1/4 C fish paste
1 tbsp soysauce

Directions:
1) Bring water and rice to boil. Simmer till rice is cooked.
2) Add in fish paste in teaspoons. Once cooked, add in corn and peas.
3) Stir in soysauce, and cook uncovered to let water evaporate till desired consistency

Remarks:
The porridge was of the consistency I like, and boy it's sweet due to the corn and peas! It's not of the savoury type despite the soysauce addition. The fish paste was made by Mum (I scouted it from the freezer section) long time ago had a lot of other ingredients which I'm not very sure of. It's just my usual way of doing things - just dump everything and anything I can get my hands on.

Anyway, today is the last paper of my exams and gosh I didn't do very well. Pharmacology's all about regurgitating information, and this is definitely not my forte. I can't seem to recall the points though I've memorised before, perhaps cause I wasn't concentrating well enough? I think I'm not going to do very well for this semester's papers, as I kept having mental blocks during the exams for god-knows-what-reasons. Nevertheless, there was still a celebratory dinner after today's exam - a luxurious dinner at Al Hamra, a Lebanese restaurant situated at the heart of Holland Village. Two appetisers (arabic bread, cold mezza) , one main course (mixed grill) and a drink (sweet yoghurt) costed 60 bucks! The food was fine to me, just that the experience of dining in such a well-decorated place with someone whom I feel comfortable with made the bill worthwhile (though I wasn't the one who footed the bill =x). Too bad the camera decided to take a break and refuse to start up, if not some nice pictures would have been featured here. Nevertheless, I felt (always will feel) better after a nice dining experience =)

No comments:

<bgsound src='NAME OF FILE'></bgsound>