Thursday, May 28, 2009

~ Apple and Prune Sauce

Image003 (2)

Taken from:

Tiff's

Description:
A sweet marriage between Granny Smith's and Sunsweet's

Ingredients:
1 Granny Smith's apple, diced
7 preserved prunes, diced
Cinnamon powder

Directions:
1) Fill a heavy-bottom pan with enough water to cover the bottom.
2) Add in fruits and bring to boil.
3) Simmer till fruits are are soft and mushy. If there is still a lot of liquid left, simmer uncovered. Mash fruits.
4) Spoon over pancakes, or just eat on its own with a dash of cinnamon!

Remarks:
This recipe uses prunes as a sweetening agent rather than the addition of sugar called for in most recipes. I wanted to add in raisins instead of prunes but apparently some pig (shhh don't tell any of my family members) finished all my raisins. I didn't mash my fruits as I like them whole. A delectable treat nonetheless~

No comments:

<bgsound src='NAME OF FILE'></bgsound>