Wednesday, February 10, 2010

~ Hummus

Image2626

Taken from:
S & W

Description:
A classic Middle Eastern staple that is rich in fibre and antioxidants~

Ingredients:
1/2 can (15.5 oz) garbanzo beans, drained
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 1/2 tbsp roasted sesame seeds or sesame oil
2 1/2 tbsp water
Pinch of salt
1 tsp extra virgin olive oil, for drizzling (optional)
Parsley, for garnish (optional)

Directions:
1) Puree all except the EVOO and salt together. Adjust to desired consistency with water and also taste with salt.
2) Drizzle with EVOO, garnish with parsley and serve with warmed bread. Refrigerate leftovers in an airtight container for up to 1 week (reference 1 and 2).

Remarks:
I love hummus! Provided its a Middle-Eastern-restaurant-made hummus. This is my 2nd time making hummus (finally with a blender) but it didn't replicate the taste that got me hooked. Too sourish? Too bland? Too dry? I have no idea. Maybe I should get myself accustomed to eating homecooked ones.

Image2631

Out of habit and hygiene purposes, I had cooked garbanzo beans in water first, so maybe that explained for the lackluster taste. Oh ya, for a smoother finish, add more olive oil, but that is provided that you are sharing the caloric-intake with loads of people. For me, I'll just stick to water and more sesame seeds =)

No comments:

<bgsound src='NAME OF FILE'></bgsound>