Sunday, February 21, 2010

~ Sweet Breakfast Couscous

Image2800

Taken from:
Wheatfoods.org

Description:
Sweet milky couscous with raisins and carrots~

Ingredients:
3/4 C milk
3 tbsp raisins (or 1 small pack 42.5g) 
1/2 C couscous
1/2 carrot, grated
Honey (optional)

Directions
1) Heat up milk with raisins, and pour over couscous in a bowl. Cover with plastic wrap for 5 min, and fluff couscous with a fork.
2) Toss with carrots, and drizzle with honey.

Remarks:
When I first got my hands on a packet of couscous, I was at a loss.. what should I do with 500 g of couscous before the grains start betraying the fine print (dd/mm/yy) on the package? Apart from assembling salads, what else? I'm sure most of my Asian counterparts would be scratching their heads like I did. 

Never fear, the internet is here! The first few pages of search for "couscous recipes" would most probably compound to your headache like it did for me. I wanted a change from the usual savoury aspect of couscous, and one that would be apt for breakfast. So I tried some key words and wa-lah, I found what I needed - breakfast couscous!

The couscous presented with the richness of milk, and this was followed by a sweet touch  the raisins and carrots. Pretty much like oatmeal, what bliss~<3.

Image2837

Since I was in the mood for food-whoring today, I made an effort to adorn my breakfast.

Image2830

Wouldn't you stay for dessert mi lovely?

Image2824

No comments:

<bgsound src='NAME OF FILE'></bgsound>