Monday, March 30, 2009

~ Carrot Oatmeal

Image155

Adapted from:
Eatmedelicious

Description:
Carrot-cake oatmeal minus the fat and sugar.

Ingredients:
1/2 C milk
1/4 C carrots
1/4 C instant oatmeal

Directions:
1. Cook all ingredients together and stir till desired consistency. Serve warm.

Remarks:
Why does most of the food I make turn out to look like baby food? Or I'm just so attracted to recipes that churn out soft mushy food (too lazy to chew my food right?). Anyway, the carrots add an interesting texture to the oatmeal, with a slight tinge of sweetness and carroty goodness - a perfect way to sneak some veggies into breakfast! However, I omitted many ingredients from the original carrot cake oatmeal recipe to cut down on the calories and also due to the fact that I do not possess the necessary ingredients. Do try the original recipe, unless you don't mind a simple fare for simple tastebuds :)

No comments:

<bgsound src='NAME OF FILE'></bgsound>