Friday, March 6, 2009

~ Cinnamon Banana Oatmeal

Image036

Taken from:
Tiff's

Description:
All-natural breakfast with banana and oat!

Ingredients:
1 banana, sliced
1/2 C water
3/4 C fresh milk
1/2 C instant oatmeal
1/2 tsp cinnamon powder

Directions:
1. Boil water and cook the banana till soft, around 5-10 min. (caution: this step does not produce a good aroma)
2. Add in instant oats and stir till a paste is formed.
3. Stir in the milk, boil and let it simmer till desired consistency.
4. Sprinkle with cinnamon powder before serving. Enjoy!

Remarks:
In my usual oatmeal I would just used sweetened condensed milk, which seems rather unhealthy due to the glucose content and less nutritious as compared to fresh milk. However, fresh milk does not contain enough sweetness to make the oatmeal palatable (for my case). Thus, I just thought of utilising a natural sucrose source: banana! I love banana! I've often heard of pre-mixed oatmeal sachets that come in an assortment of flavours. So why not try it on my own? Here's the outcome - smooth, creamy, bananaey, cinnamony, healthy oatmeal to start one's day right!

No comments:

<bgsound src='NAME OF FILE'></bgsound>