Thursday, April 9, 2009

~ Steamed Banana Cake

Image031Image021Image030Image018

Modified from:
Amanda's

Description:
Spongy and moist banana cake.

Ingredients:
60 g sugar
2 eggs
150 g flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
3 bananas, mashed
2 tbsp oil

Directions:
1. Whisk eggs and sugar till ribbon stage, and stir in mashed bananas.
2. Sift dry flour and powders together, and stir into the banana mixture.
3. Stir in oil carefully and make sure that it is well-incorporated before pouring into a well-greased and floured tin.
4. Steam on high heat for 45 min.

Remarks:
Images are deceiving. If only the cake can taste as well as it looked! I think that I didn't whisk the eggs and sugar till ribbon stage and that I didn't mix the oil in well, resulting in a dense collapsed "undercooked" cake. Perhaps the raising agents were too much and I over-estimated the steaming time. Changes I would make: Steam for 20-25 min; add in one tsp of banana essence, omit one egg, change to 100 g flour, add one or two tbsp of oil more.

These few days I'm so tired. How I wish I can just rest and relax like the kitty that I've been seeing lately while climbing up the stairs home:

Image038

No comments:

<bgsound src='NAME OF FILE'></bgsound>