Thursday, October 8, 2009

~ Spicy Tuna Bread Salad

Image1152Image1157Image1150Image1177


Adapted from:
Description:
Crispy bread cubes tossed in spicy sweet tuna and celery dressing~

Ingredients:
1 green chilli, blanched and sliced
1/2 stick of celery
1 hardboiled egg, diced
1 tbsp miracle whip
1/2 can of tuna chunks in water, flaked (~70g)
Pepper
1 slice of wholewheat bread, cubed and toasted crisp
Spring onions (garnish), diced

Directions:
1) Combine chilli, celery, egg, miracle whip and pepper together.
2) Toss with toasted bread cubes and garnish with spring onions just before serving.

Remarks:
Nope this is not a typo and your eyes are fine, this IS a salad. I got pretty bored of tuna sandwiches so I'd decided to come up with something novel.. Er to think of it now, I feel as though I have sort of "plagiarized" the idea from caesar salad ops! Anyhow, it was a fulfilling lunch - left me feeling satiated and an awfully pungent tuna breath!

Image1166

For crispier bread cubes, coat them in olive oil before toasting till they are brown, and only toss them with the tuna salad just before serving to prevent sogginess.

Image1175

Wow, the lightings and environment do make a big difference when taking pictures. I'd taken these pictures in school just before I licked my lunchbox clean:

Image1183

Image1182

My strawberry mango ice blended juice from engineering canteen didn't satisfy my mango cravings very well due to the high proportion of ice crystals:

Image1184

<bgsound src='NAME OF FILE'></bgsound>