Saturday, December 26, 2009

~ Shopping Trip @ Mustafa

Together with K, I went to Mustafa and bought quite a lot of items. Here's a quick breakdown:

1) No Marks Face Cream and Wash Gel ($3.70):


Image2089

Image2088

The cream was too greasy for my face so I'd used it as a mask for around 10 min after I had my exfoliation with honey and sugar scrub. Then the cream is washed off. This left my skin pretty soft and supple. Afterall, the cream is "formulated using hand-picked natural ingredients and organic extracts known to enhance your natural beauty".

Image2149

Image2096

Image2097

I like the gel though, for it cleans the face without stripping the face dry. What separates it from other facial gel is the presence of little colourful beads of red, yellow and green which contain vitamins A, C and E for antioxidative effects. So you have to crush them while you create lather, and then cleanse your face with it. A tad bit troublesome, but I'll gladly do it for the fun of it!

2) Rhomlon Mascara ($4.20):

Image2091

This looked rather promising with its "fibre formula", but I personally didn't feel any difference in the length of my eyelashes except for that of the time needed for application. And it took pretty long to dry. My Maybelline Unstoppable Curly Extension can do the same job with just one stroke.

3) Emami Hairlife Instant Hair Pack ($2.50):

Image2152

Image2151

Oo this herbal treatment stinks, and left my hair stinking for two days too! But my hair was less frizzy since the natural oils in the treatment made my hair slightly heavier. The best result was seen on the second day of application.

4) Bamboe Javanese Kare ($1.10):

Image2098

When I've tried this, I'll do a review. I promise. =)

5) MTR Hot & Sour Clear Soup ($1.70):

Image2099

Image2100

When I've tried this, I'll do a review. I promise. =)

6) Olivos Extra Virgin Olive Oil ($3.50):

Image2101

Finally I've bought EVOO! I've been putting off the purchase despite wanting to buy one eons ago as I couldn't find a small bottle at the local supermarket. Cold-pressed, EVOO is extracted from olive paste without using heat. The difference between all the grades of olive oils lies in the proportion of oleic acid that is present. The lowest acidity (found in EVOO) produces the best flavour. This can't be disputed, my EVOO smells positively o live-ly, and good for me =)

The taste of Olivos EVOO is very robust, and its strong pungency and taste definitely suits me! 

7) Nature's Essence Calcium Pills ($16.90):
These are calcium pills! What can I talk about them?

I find that this brand appear to be more value for money. For a mere $16.90, a bottle comes with 125 softgels, which contain 300 mg calcium and 100 IU Vitamin D3 each. When choosing calcium supplements, do take note of the elemental calcium that is present, not the amount of calcium carbonate or calcium salts i.e. 300 mg of elemental calcium, not 300 mg of calcium carbonate. Do not be fooled by marketing gimmicks.

Try not to purchase pills with extremely high calcium content out of convenience, to avoid any overdose. I'm very skeptical about one-a-day calcium pills. Compacted with 1000 to 1500 mg calcium in each dose, the pills are a sure way to hypercalcemia. I believe that our body is not made to take such high amounts at one go. If there is excess input, the body will either store it (ever heard of calcium deposits in the arteries?), or produce increased output. The spike in calcium excretion via the kidneys may precipitate calcium stones in the urinary tract.

Always get a reliable brand that comes packed with Vit D which aids calcium absorption. Some other variations would include potassium and magnesium. These are fine too, since these two nutrients are typically insufficient in our diet.

For dosage form, I would prefer a liquid solution over a solid tablet since calcium ions are much more easily absorbed (there is no need for dissolution unlike tablets). However, anyone who has had tried a liquid form of calcium would agree that liquid encapsulated within a shell would be kinder to the palate.

Ok, I shall take back my words.. These are alot to talk about!

8) Laptop cooler ($9.50):

Image2211

With 3 powerful yet quiet fans supported by a translucent frame, and illuminated by aquamarine blue LED lights, this laptop cooler can't get any cool-er! The only qualms I have is the exposed fan blades at the bottom, for I keep getting my fingers grazed when transporting it around.



Total damage? $40.

Gratification? Priceless.

Don't I make a great salesperson? =p

<bgsound src='NAME OF FILE'></bgsound>