Thursday, December 31, 2009

~ Avocado Oatmeal

Image2204

This will happen one day. This has to. With my obsession with oatmeal and avocado (+ a tiny winy bit of creativity =x), it is bound to be that one fine day, I'll marry them together! *wedding bells* ^ ^ This chemistry sparked off while I was on bed yesterday night, a time when I was supposed to be night-dreaming, and not day-dreaming about food stuff.

Image2192

What I did was to cook 1/3 C oats in 1/2 C milk, and then blend it with 1/2 avocado and 1 tbsp flaxseeds - all done within 10 min.. minus away the enjoyment, picture-taking and washing that is. The overall product was predominantly oatmeal, with a slight fruity tinge of avocado and sported a great hue of tea green. I had it plain without any sweetener since I liked the taste, but if I were to add one, I would have used a tsp or two of sweetened condensed milk.

Image2200

And, I have decided to add a tbsp of flaxseeds to all recipes that requires blending, for the flaxseeds really get mushed up well to release their omega-3s! Oh this reminds me of something. This may sound silly, but no matter how appetising and yummy your meal with whole flaxseeds look and taste, do try to resist the temptation of eating and blogging at the same time. I was very distressed over the fact that my "C" on the keyboard started being insensitive (you see, I'm a strong believer in Fujitsu laptops), and only realised the reason why after dislodging one puny flaxseed from the interior groove of the "C" key. Hey, how did THAT get in? =/

<bgsound src='NAME OF FILE'></bgsound>