Friday, February 20, 2009

~ Cream Cheese Kolacky

Image016Image003Image015Image024

Taken from:
Description:

Ingredients:
85 g cream cheese, softened
115 g butter, softened
125 g flour
160 g jam
40 g icing sugar

Directions:
1. Mix cream cheese and butter until smooth. Add flour slowly until well blended. Shape into a log and chill overnight or for several hours.
2.
Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Slice equally from the chilled log and roll each slice into a ball. Place on an ungreased cookie sheet. Make an indention in the middle with your finger and fill with 1/2 tsp (approx) of jam.
3.
Bake for 25 min in the preheated oven, till cookies are slightly browned. Cool. Sprinkle with icing sugar if desired.

Remarks:
I found the pineapple ones similar to my pineapple tarts despite the addition of cream cheese which made the crust savoury; the raspberry ones tasted akin to the I-forgot-the-brand-name raspberry tartlets (by memory, as I haven had the tarts since I was just a kiddo); the marmalade ones made me and my tastebuds feel special.

Not too bad on the whole, but eating them makes me feel guilty. I gotta dig out my reduced-fat recipes!!

No comments:

<bgsound src='NAME OF FILE'></bgsound>