Saturday, February 14, 2009

~ Toasted Mediterranean Sandwich

Image011Image026Image015Image024

Modified from:
Allrecipes (just got the idea from a few recipes)

Description:
A medley of roasted Mediterranean vegetables sandwiched between toasted bread~

Ingredients:
2 tbsp tomato sauce
2 bread slices, toasted
1 slice of cheese
1 tube eggplant, sliced
1/2 medium carrot, sliced
1/4 medium cucumber, sliced
1 tsp butter/olive oil
Pinch of pepper

Directions:
1. Toss vegetables in butter/oil with a pinch of pepper, and roast in the toaster/oven at 180 deg for 10 min, stirring halfway through or when necessary.
2. Spread tomato sauce on both toasted bread. Place the roasted vegetables and cheese on one of the bread and cover with the other. Serve with a handful of lettuce.

Remarks:
I had a craving for sandwiches in the morning again, so I had to come up with something.. But definitely not peanut butter sandwich again (though I really love to). So I pulled the fridge door open, and took out some of the possible ingredients that I can add to spruce up my sandwich and make it exciting. There were some tube eggplants, cucumber, carrots, lettuce, ti wan choy (a greens which I do not know what its called in English), bean sprouts, and I thought of some roasted veggie sandwich. After referring to online sites to check for possible combinations, I launched onto this mission :) It turned out pretty well, just that I needed to roast my veggies for a longer period and lesser time for my bread which got a bit charred. The eggplant conferred texture, the carrots sweetness, the cucumber and lettuce crunch, the cheese cheesiness, tomato sauce moisture, and toasted bread crispiness - a harmonious and wholesome breakfast treat!

No comments:

<bgsound src='NAME OF FILE'></bgsound>