Tuesday, February 24, 2009

~ Watermelon Jam

Image059

Taken from:
Description:
Tasty watermelon jam that you can't find elsewhere.

Ingredients:
1 1/2 C watermelon puree
1/2 C sugar
1 tsp distilled vinegar

Directions:
1. Boil water melon puree with sugar for 30 min, stirring occasionally to prevent burning.
2. Ladle into a hot sterile jar Image063placed in a waterbath. Cover the lid and leave the bottle in the waterbath for 5 min.
3. Cool and store in the refrigerator.

Remarks:
Jam too sweet, but possess a unique watermelony taste. Anyway, I had a very hard time trying to get the jam to gel - if only I had gotten some gelatin or pectin, any would really make my job easier! I stood there stirring (and getting scalded along the way) the pot of semi-molten mess for 40 min!! A lady shouldn't cook if she wants soft smooth silky hands and legs. Geez, I'm going to be stucked for life with blistered and wrinkled ones.

No comments:

<bgsound src='NAME OF FILE'></bgsound>