Monday, January 4, 2010

~ Crispy Cinnamon Sugar Biscuits (Eggless)

Image2235

Adapted from:
Little Corner of Mine

Description:
Crispy sugar biscuits topped with cinnamon sugar~

Ingredients:
1 1/2 C plain flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 C icing sugar
1/2 C or 115 g of butter, softened
2 tsp vanilla essence
1 tbsp milk

1 tbsp ground cinnamon
3 tbsp caster sugar

Directions:
1) Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda and icing sugar together.
2) Cream butter, vanilla and milk. Stir in flour mixture to get a pliable dough.
3) Divide dough evenly and put to rest in the fridge for 1/2 hour. Combine cinnamon and sugar.
4) Roll the first dough and cut into desired shapes with a cookie cutter. Coat top layer generously with cinnamon sugar mixture.
5) Bake in preheated oven at 175 deg for 8 to 10 min, or till edges are slightly browned. Cool on a rack before storing in an airtight container.

Remarks:
These are really crispy biscuits! However, I find them bland without the cinnamon sugar topping. I didn't know at first so I wasn't generous enough with the cinnamon sugar topping, so my first batch was really just some salty biscuit. The saltiness was no doubt due to my poor substitution of flour and leavening agents for the self-rising flour. Cut down on the baking powder please!

Image2233

It's very unfortunate my second batch of biscuits were burnt as I went to change my bedsheets during the baking time. The original recipe says to bake for 15 to 17 min, but mine started browning at 8 min or so, so do adjust your baking time and keep an eye on these little gems.

Image2242

I couldn't stop myself from consuming these yummies! Before I knew it, I only had 7 or 8 biscuits left. How am I going to distribute those for my friends the next day? =x I should have just packed all the biscuits into separate bags immediately after cooling like what I always do, instead of putting them into a container and grazing on them till only a few measly ones are left.

Pardon me for the awful pictures which do not do justice to the amazing recipe, for I wasn't in the mood to take aesthetic pictures with a splitting headache, tortured ear drums and an exhausted mind.

No comments:

<bgsound src='NAME OF FILE'></bgsound>