Friday, January 29, 2010

~ Tuna Capsicum Omelette

Image2496

Adapted from:
Eatingwell.com

Description:
-

Ingredients:
1/2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
3/4 small capsicum, sliced
2 leaves Wongbok, stalk and leafy areas separated and diced
1/3 can (185g) tuna flakes in water, drained
1 egg, beaten
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp soy sauce
Dash of pepper

Directions
1) Beat egg, oregano, soy sauce and pepper together.
2) Heat up oil in a saucepan, and sauteed capsicum till wilted.
3) Add in Wongbok and tuna flakes, and cook covered for another 5 min.
4) Pour in the egg mixture and form a rounded shape. Fry till egg is set at the bottom and flip over to fry the other side. Serve.

Remarks:
I must say, I have no flair for making anything that involves shaping into round patties over the stovetop. It is no doubt that this time was a scramble-me-ugly once again, despite it supposedly being a fritta (egg omelette that involves no flipping over). Being the "creative" me, I modified the recipe by adding stuff that were in the fridge and cupboard to boost the nutritional content. Coupled with my impatience in cooking the dish on low heat, I tried to flip the round mound of egg and tuna frittata and crumbled it. Good job girl, good job.

Image2499

The dish is a good avenue to replenish that protein loss during an intensive exercise.. but just a tad bit hard to eat with chopsticks. Try a spoon.

Admiring the sunrise among HDB flats after my first jog of the year:

Image2489

No comments:

<bgsound src='NAME OF FILE'></bgsound>